The library plays an important role of our cultural and educational development. As new vistas of knowledge in all fields of education are opening up, the library plays a peak position in the college curriculum. The library at AMC was established along with the inception of the institution and it enlarged its operation and started working in the new building from 2020 onwards.
Library has a collection of more than 2000 books which includes reference books, text books, general reading books, books for competitive exams, etc. In addition to books library offers various journals, magazines, newspapers and more. The responsibility of maintaining library facilities rests with the Librarian. Library is equipped with ample seating arrangements for the students and teachers. Procurement of books are made as per the requirements of teachers and students. The Maintenance and utilization of library resources are done through strictly following the library rules.
Library working hours:
9.30am to 5.00pm except sundays and government holidays
INSTRUCTIONS TO LIBRARY MEMBERS
· Library working hour is 9.30 am to 5 pm.
· Members are not allowed to carry any bags inside the library.
· Silence must be observed in the library.
· Books should be handled with care.
· Signature must be done by all members at the time of entering to the library. Leaving time must also be recorded.
· Thorough checking of books must be done before leaving the library.
· Only two reference books will be made available to students for taking into home at a time.
· Reference books must be returned by teachers within one month.
· If any teacher is in need of reference book for more than one month, kindly renew the book already taken.
· Teachers can use the text books for the whole semester in which they are taking that subject.
· Students must return the books within 14 days.
· If any member made a mistake in returning the book (change in the date of return already mentioned), a fine of Rs. 5/day will be charged.
· Do not write on books, if any writings are found, fine will be charged.
· Do not make any damage or tearing books, if made so, replacement of that book or amount equal to market price will be charged.
· Members have direct access to the shelves. Books are arranged according to the numbers. Books one taken need not be re-shelved by the member. It should be kept on the table.