The Department of Economics was commenced on 2015.
The curriculum of Economics deals with various forces that control economic structure of the society.
Students are motivated to mould their own ideas and policies towards the global issues like poverty, unemployment, inequality, balance of payment deterioration, and economic growth.
· The department is committed to the advancement of knowledge and learning in the field of economics
· Providing quality education to the students who are coming from rural area.
· Teaching methods like participative learning, experimental learning are followed to support the students.
· The Department is in the forefront in organizing seminars both at national and departmental level on current topics.
· Department conducts activities under the economics association to create interest and learning.
Our motto is ‘Transformation through knowledge’ which helps to mould holistic citizens.
· To make our students to understand Micro economic and Macroeconomic concepts, and their applications.
· To provide our students with effective teaching and enhance their technical knowledge by using power point presentation, class seminars (offline/online) and quiz programmes
· A healthy student teacher relationship helps the students to improve their self-esteem and enhance their subject knowledge.
The area of papers include Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Indian economy , International economics ,Fiscal economics , E-Commerce , Mathematical Economics , Mathematical Methods of Economic Analysis and Economies of Capital Market .
Students will analyse the performance and functioning of GOVT, markets and institutions in the context of social and economic problems.
1. Students learn the economic behaviour in practice
2. Students know the basic concepts of economics
3. Students gain the economic way of thinking
4. Students acquire the ability to analyse the current economic events from an economic perspective.
5. Find, evaluate, synthesize and use information from a variety of sources.
6. To cultivate an interest in the mind-set of students to go for higher studies in specialised areas.
Program Specific Outcome
1. Knowledge of Economic System
2. Statistical and Mathematical Skills
3. An understanding of the institutions – social, political and economic, that influence economic issues.
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT - ECONOMICS
M A - ECONOMICS
Experience: Over 25 years
M A - ECONOMICS, B.Ed, NET
Experience: Over 6 years
M A - ECONOMICS, B.Ed
Experience: Over 25 years
AMBIKA K K
M A - ECONOMICS, PGDCA
Experience: Over 20 years
JASNA K U
M A - HISTORY, B.Ed, DCA
Experience: Over 4 years